ACCREDITED SPECIALIST IN COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
David was first admitted into practice in 1987 after graduating from Monash University with degrees in Law (LLB) and in Arts (BA).
He joined the firm in 1995, became a Director in 2002, and became Managing Director in 2013. Throughout his career he has practiced extensively in Litigation, and in 2002 he was accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) as a Specialist in Commercial Litigation. David is a member of the LIV Commercial Litigation Specialist Accreditation Advisory Board.
David also holds a Practitioner’s Certificate in Commercial Litigation through the Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia and he acts as a mediator in commercial disputes.
David specializes in Litigation and regularly conducts matters in the Supreme, County and Federal Courts as well as the Victorian Civil and Administration Tribunal (VCAT). He acts for Plaintiffs and Defendants and is resolute in protecting and progressing his clients’ interests, including appeals to the Supreme Court.
David’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Trust Disputes – involving the interpretation of Trust Deeds and the rights and obligations of Trustees and the determination of beneficiaries and beneficial entitlements
- Shareholder Disputes – involving Shareholder rights and obligations; unfair treatment of minority Shareholders; disputes over sale of shares and valuation of interests in a company; disputes over the operation and control of companies
- Partnership Disputes – both between partners and third parties and involving the operation and control of the partnership business, and the variation of partners’ interests
- Trade Practices Litigation
- Insurance Disputes
- Real Property Litigation
- Sale of Business Disputes
David regularly conducts matters in the Supreme, County and Federal Courts as well as at the Victorian Civil and Administration Tribunal.
As well as representing litigants, David acts as a mediator in commercial disputes.
David also holds the Practitioner’s Certificate in Mediation and Conciliation through the Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia, as well as being an Associate Member of the Institute.
Contact us – We can help.
We will respond within the next business day
You can also call 03 9670 9691